1. MathAltitude accepts all students ages 4 1/2 and above as of September 1, providing they agree to abide by our rules and policies. A placement test is required for students in grades 2 and up.
2. All students must be dropped off and picked up from the school premises by a parent or a legal guardian. Please inform the staff if your child is carpooling with another parent.
3. Parents can wait for their kids at school in the waiting room. Free wireless Internet service is available. SSID and password are posted on the bulletin board in the waiting room.
4. Generally, we do not allow parents to observe the classroom during the lessons because it disrupts the class. Please inform the school administration if there is a specific need for sitting in the class.
5. We encourage parents to discuss their child's progress with the teachers, but please limit the discussion to the time before or after the class. Specific questions or concerns can be addressed privately with a teacher or with a principal by making an appointment. All new families are encouraged to attend orientation night, scheduled at the end of September - beginning of October.
6. Email is a preferred method of communication with the school administration, however you can contact the administration during the regular office hours, as well.
7. Every student will be given his/her teacher’s e-mail address to be able to ask questions. Please limit the correspondence to the questions directly related to the subjects studied in class.
8. All special announcements (except weather cancellations) are made through email. Please make sure you provide your current e-mail and notify the administration of any changes. To ensure proper delivery of MathAltitude emails, please add @mathaltitude.com domain into your address book. Please check your junk mail box if you are not getting emails from us.
9. Weather cancellations will be announced no later than 2 PM on a weekday and 8 AM on a weekend on our web site. Please check the web site or call the school. Do not email school administration or the teachers, as you may not get the reply in time.
10. Please use your own discretion if the school has not been canceled, if the roads in your area are in bad condition. As always, safety first!
11. It is very important that the students do the assigned homework and bring it to school for the next class. Parents need to make sure the students have some quiet time at home to do their homework.
12. No eating or drinking is allowed during the class, unless it is required due to a specific medical condition. Please inform the school administration if a condition exists.
13. Students can bring snacks and drinks to school and consume them during the break or after class.
School Year (September-June) Payment Policy
1. Registration Fee:
(a) $100 for students who start in the first semester,
(b) $80 for students who start in the second semester,
(c) $50 for students who start after April 1.
2. Registration fee is not refundable
3. All students, both new and continuing, including those in tutoring, need to register every academic year.
4. MathAltitude has the right to cancel any advertised class if fewer than 3 students sign up for that class, unless a family agrees to pay the private tutoring rate for one student or semi-private tutoring rate if two students attend the class. Tuition changes to the advertised rate as soon as the third student signs up and joins the same class.
5. Applicable Tuition and Registration Fees must be submitted together with the Application Form. Registration process is complete only when we receive completed application, registration fee and first month tuition payment.
6. MathAltitude tuition plan is based on a 36-week long program and is divided into nine equal monthly payments. Each monthly payment covers four classes. The payment amount does not depend on the actual number of classes in a given month.
7. Payment deadlines:
(a) Monthly tuition payments are due on the first day of a previous month (Example: monthly tuition for December is due on November 1 and March tuition is due on February 1). A $20 late fee will be added to your balance if the monthly payment is received more than 7 business days (holidays, school vacations and closings excluded) after the beginning of the month.
(b) Semi-annual payments for fall and spring semesters are due by the end of the first week in September and first week in January respectively. If no semi-annual payment is received by the due date, the payment plan will be automatically converted to monthly, and no tuition discount will be given.
(c) Annual payment is due by the end of the first week in September. If no annual payment is received by the due date, the payment plan will be automatically converted to monthly, and no tuition discount will be given.
8. For students enrolled after the beginning of the school year, the first monthly payment will be calculated based on the actual remaining number of classes in order to “catch up” with the regular payment schedule.
9. MathAltitude does not offer make-up sessions for regular or summer program classes missed by students due to any circumstances other than classes canceled by MathAltitude because of adverse weather conditions or teacher absence. Tuition paying students will receive class and homework material by email within 48 hours of the missed class.
10. Each bounced check will result in a $35 service fee.
11. Siblings of a student will receive a 10% tuition discount on a tuition of an equal or lower value.
12. A prorated $150 referral discount will be paid at the end of the school year for each newly referred family that signs up and attends one of our regular classes.
Summer School (July-August) Payment Policy
1. There is no summer program registration fee, but a $100 non-refundable deposit is required to secure a seat. The deposit will be credited towards the summer program tuition.
2. Full summer program non-refundable tuition is due by July 1-st. A $20 late fee will be added to the balance after July 1-st.
3. Each bounced check will result in a $35 service fee.
4. Summer School students who do not attend the entire program pay prorated tuition:
(a) $96 per week for all 2-hour classes
(b) $72 per week for ME-K
(c) $200 per week for ACT/SAT class
(d) $140 per week for Pre-Calculus class
(e) $54 per week for Math Olympiad class
5. MathAltitude does not offer make-up sessions for regular or summer program classes missed by students due to any circumstances other than classes canceled by MathAltitude because of adverse weather conditions or teacher absence. Tuition paying students will receive class and homework material by email within 48 hours of the missed class.
1. Private and semi-private classes are $50/hour and $35/hour respectively for students currently taking one or more regular classes at MathAltitude excluding Summer program. Private and semi-private classes for students not taking any classes at MathAltitude or taking Summer classes only are $60/hour and $40/hour respectively.
2. Private and semi-private classes should be scheduled and paid for in advance in blocks of 6 hours. Larger blocks can be purchased at a discounted rate.
3. If a student does not complete the number of registered tutoring sessions, the unused amount will be refunded to the customer, however, the classes attended will be charged at the full or partially discounted rate depending on the number of classes taken.
4. All private and semi-private classes can be canceled or rescheduled at least 24 hours prior to the scheduled time. A fee equal to one hour tutoring will be charged for a class canceled or rescheduled less than 24 hours in advance, with the exception of weather related cancelations or cancelations due to tutor availability.
1. Parents can withdraw a student from the school at any time for any reason. A 30 day written notice of termination is required. The school will refund any unused portion of the tuition payment and will return undeposited advanced payment checks if the monthly payment option was used. Registration fee is not refundable. There will be no refunds for withdrawals after April 1.
2. Summer program tuition is non-refundable
3. The school can terminate a student's enrollment at any time for one of the following reasons:
(a) Student’s behavior in the class is found to be consistently disruptive and inappropriate for a classroom and the student does not respond to the teacher's requests and warnings to alter such behavior. Parents will be informed on a timely basis of any incidents of disruptive or inappropriate behavior.
(b) Tuition payment is more than one month overdue.
4. In the case of student termination initiated by the school, any unused portion of the tuition payment will be refunded, however the registration fee is not refundable and there will be no tuition refund after April 1.
Student Drop-off and Pick-up Policy
1. All students shall be dropped off and picked up from the school premises by their parent or legal guardian.
2. At no time, will students be permitted to leave the school premises without adult supervision.
3. Please inform the staff if your child is carpooling with another parent. Parent or legal guardian must sign a Release Form indicating the date(s) when a child will be picked up from school by another person.
4. All students must be picked up within 15 minutes after the end of the class. Students cannot stay at school after the class even if there are members of staff present.
5. A $45 fee will be applied to your balance for picking up a student more than 30 minutes after the end of the class. If there is an emergency, please contact the school to make arrangements.
This policy of privacy of MathAltitude, LLC (DBA MathAltitude School of Mathematics or “MathAltitude”) applies to the collection, dissemination, and usage of information, including, without limitation, personally identifiable information, provided to MathAltitude by its customers. BY ENROLLING YOUR CHILD IN A PROGRAM AT MATH ALTITUDE, YOU UNCONDITIONALLY CONSENT TO THE PRACTICES DESCRIBED IN THIS POLICY.
II. Collection of Personal Information
1. MathAltitude may collect anonymous demographic information that is not unique to you or your child. This information may include, without limitation, your child’s age, gender, town of residence, school, and grade information.
2. MathAltitude DOES collect personally identifiable information of minors, including that of children under the age of thirteen years.
3. MathAltitude secures your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure.
III. Use of Personal Information
1. MathAltitude collects and uses your personal information to operate its business and to provide the services requested by you for your child.
2. MathAltitude may contact our adult customers by e-mail, regular mail, or telephone in order to receive your opinions regarding our services. Math Altitude will not directly contact minors or children under the age of thirteen years.
3. MathAltitude may share the information that you provide to us with our trusted partners and other third parties with whom we transact business. However, Math Altitude does not sell or otherwise share the personal information that we collect with other parties.
4. MathAltitude will disclose your personal information, without notice, only if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary
(a) to conform to a statute, law, rule, regulation, or order of court,
(b) to comply with legal process served on MathAltitude,
(c) to defend and protect the rights or property of MathAltitude, or
(d) to act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of the customers of MathAltitude, or of the public.
1. Customers of MathAltitude may opt-out of receiving announcements or other marketing materials not related to the educational services provided by MathAltitude and certain emergency communications by informing us in writing as follows:
(a) By Mail to: MathAltitude School of Mathematics
35 Harvard Street, Suite 211
Worcester, MA 01609
(b) By E-Mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
1. MathAltitude reserves the right to change or modify this Policy from time to time, without prior notice to you. MathAltitude does encourage its customers to periodically review this Policy.
2. MathAltitude welcomes your questions or comments regarding this Policy. Customers may contact MathAltitude as follows:
(a) By Mail to: MathAltitude School of Mathematics
35 Harvard Street, Suite 211
Worcester, MA 01609
(b) By E-Mail to: email@example.com
Likeness Use Agreement and Release
THIS AGREEMENT between MATHALTITUDE, L.L.C., (DBA MathAltitude School of Mathematics or MathAltitude) a limited liability company organized pursuant to the laws of Massachusetts, with a usual place of business at Worcester, MA and the customer.
In consideration of MathAltitude accepting the child or children of the customer into the program or programs of MathAltitude, the customer grants to MathAltitude all ownership rights and the absolute and unconditional right and permission to copyright, use, and publish all images of the likeness of the customer and of the customer’s child or children that may be obtained by MathAltitude. The customer further agrees as follows:
1. By enrolling or enrolling the customer’s child or children in a program of MathAltitude, the customer grants to MathAltitude the right to take photographs, videographs, voice recordings, and any other reproduction of the likeness or image (hereinafter jointly referred to as “Likeness”) of the customer or of the customer’s child or children. The right granted herein shall be limited to Likenesses taken during classes organized by MathAltitude, or at events (e.g., outings, field trips, competitions, etc.) sponsored by MathAltitude, or at events (e.g., outings, field trips, competitions, etc.) in which the child or children of the customer are participants as representatives of MathAltitude.
2. The customer further grants to MathAltitude the right to use the Likeness of himself and of his children (a) on the web site of MathAltitude, (b) on all social media sites such as Facebook or Linked-In, and (c) in print media such as posters, newsletters, advertisements, or the like. MathAltitude agrees that it will not intentionally publish personally identifiable information on any of the aforementioned media.
3. The customer, for himself and for his children acknowledges that the Likeness shall be and remain the property of MathAltitude. The customer, for himself and for his children, hereby waives, relinquishes, releases, and forever discharges MathAltitude, its agents, servants, employees, successors, and assigns of and from any and all claims related to the following:
(a) Any claim for compensation of any kind for the use of any of the Likenesses.
(b) Any claim to inspect or approve the finished product or the finished printed material, or to demand its removal from circulation.
(c) Any claim for libel, slander, invasion of privacy, infringement of copyright or right of publicity, or any other claim related to the Likeness including without limitation, any claims related to blurring, distortion, alteration, optical illusion, digital alteration, whether intentional or otherwise related to the publication of the Likeness.
4. The customer may, at any time, withdraw the consent granted by this Agreement by sending a written notice to MathAltitude at its usual place of business advising MathAltitude that the consent granted herein is withdrawn. Upon receipt of said written notice, MathAltitude will use its best efforts to avoid publishing the Likeness in any future publication. Notwithstanding the foregoing, the parties acknowledge that any Likeness published prior to the receipt of the said written notice shall remain in circulation.
5. The customer acknowledges that he has read the terms of this Agreement and Release and that he or she freely enters into this Agreement and Release.